My story comes from my old sketch book. Usually, I
using sketch book to make a story, first ,reviewing my previous work and then
integrate the character and idea as my wish,
so my story board some of drawing come from my old sketch book and I added some new drawings as well. And then,
draw it on computer by Photoshop. next step is put those picture into AE to
make animatic storyboard, my subject was about performance and character within
digital animation, when I finish the animatic storyboard ,I was try to think
different format animation, such as totally 3d animation,2d animation,
real-footage animation. Finally, I choose real-footage animation because 3d
animation will faced lot of model work, and I am not interesting at 3d
modelling, and also not good at 2d animation drawing technique, however, I had
film making experiences in the past. I thought real-footage is best choice that
makes for quicker process. It should be a valuable subject for me, so at the
end of diploma stage I changed my subject, but it was still a challenge for me,
because matching mover was unacquainted software as well.
To sum up PGdiploma
phase, I was failed at this stage, that time I was confused about my
subject, now that I think of it, because lots idea and new technology all at
once. Think back then study new things and struggle with yourself is
time-consuming than manufacture. Because I am always like try to be perfect.
Especially my animation work, in spite of, I am not good at technology but I
would like to try, obviously, it was take me long time at manipulate AE and
match mover, after watch some people use Bonjou to match mover from video
tutorial, then I want to try is too, it can scale the virtual camera data from
boujou, that is friendly use for me ,so I use bonjou as match mover software after
my test, I was compare match mover and boujou effect, I will show my process
later. Actually, I take long time at study it, I was use just two weeks to
product the final composed film and I totally concentrate on that project, and
even I can’t sleep without intention at that time. I was just enjoy at
manipulate when I understand how I works. My computer working 24 hours when I
was sleep, it will render 3d character for next day test, I am really enjoy at
this process, despite there is always a lot of problems. But now, I conquer it,
so let we have look how the process of my test and final work.
This year’s study I learned how to study by myself,
this academic year is a challenge year for me, it is not only rich my academic
theory but also training my personal capacity, personally speaking, from MA
course I learned I have to take responsibility for my work and myself. And I am
deeply grateful to my supervisor team, your rigorous scholarship let me have a
clearly critical thinking on my personal work ,I think that will help me do
more better at futher research and work, even just study by myself, I think my
final work is a strong evidence that provide I reached my goals. I think my final
animation work achieved my expected result.
What I am not achieved I think that is about
“humours”, I organized a focus group, there are 4 person include myself, the
members given some useful and helpful opinion, but it is come down to
cross-culture animation, that will extend large amount of academic knowledge, I
have not ability to extend this big topic at this year, it will be my next
research. Also, I will continue test and study virtual model composed into
real-footage at my next practice, because this is valuable research
This is my summary documentation, at the end I want to
say thanks again for my supervisor team, David , Andy , Sean, and also thanks
for my lovely classmates. My overseas study is colourful because of your accompany
with.
No comments:
Post a Comment